Located in the east of Nanchang, the 2nd Affiliated Hospital of Jiangxi University of TCM originated from the Hospital of Nanchang Steel Co., Ltd. (1958). It was renamed in May, 2010. Now it has become a grade 2-A hospital integrating medical services with teaching, research, preventive health care and community health care.
With 270 employees, the hospital approximately takes care of 100,000 outpatients annually. In recent years, in order to get a team of young and well-trained professionals, over 40 new professionals were introduced to the hospital, and most of them have Master Degrees.
The hospital has more than 20 clinical departments (emergency room, the department of cardiovasology, neurology, respiratory medicine, gastroenterology, nephrology, general surgery, orthopedics and traumatology, anorectum, neck shoulder and lumbocrural pain (NSLP), gynecology and obstetrics, pediatrics, acupuncture and rehabilitation, and ophthalmology and otorhinolaryngology, Guo Yitang, etc.) and a community health care center. Now the hospital is equipped with SCT, DR, 4D color ultrasonic, hemodialysis machine, TCT and the chromosome image analysis system. And it promotes its characteristic diagnosis and treatment of TCM on orthopedic and traumatology, acupuncture and rehabilitation, anorectal diseases and NSLP. Besides, it also builds up a new department of gynecology and obstetrics based on integrated western and traditional Chinese medicine. All in all, the hospital has been trying the best to become a public-satisfying hospital by offering qualified medical services and community health consultation to the public.